Careers at ALTech UK
Do you think you have something special to offer? Then we want to hear from you! Please email us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (strictly no agencies). We are always looking for talented people that can bring something new and innovative to our team. If you think you have the required attributes for any of the positions listed below then please get in touch.
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary/Benefits: Competitive, dependent on experience
Contract Hours: Full Time, Mon-Fri
We are currently looking for an experienced labelling machinery service engineer to join our multi-disciplinary UK team, remotely located in the North of England.
The role will be fully autonomous visiting our customer’s sites throughout the UK to complete service, repair and installation works on our complete portfolio of advanced decorative and print and apply labelling machinery. You will also be required to provide telephone and email support, as well as spares and maintenance contract quotations.
- Installation, servicing and operator training for ALTech’s complete portfolio of labelling machinery
- The role will be predominately field based at customer locations throughout the UK, but a likely focus on the Midlands/Northern regions
Daily Tasks Include
- Installation of machines in customer’s premises.
- Installation and setup of label design software solutions (supported by IT)
- Provision of machine operating advice and fault-finding support via telephone, email and face to face.
- Service and maintenance visits to customer’s premises.
- Provision of training programmes at customer’s premises.
- Input into the design team with improvement or development suggestions/ideas.
- Planning installation, breakdown and maintenance visits.
- Presenting spare parts and maintenance contract offers to customers (Word/Excel skills)
Essential Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years experience within the labelling machinery industry including machine build and servicing.
- Minimum HNC level education in Engineering.
- Experience of PLC, inverters and drives.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills
- Full drivers license.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Demonstrate flexible approach to working hours.
- CAD, 3D CAD, Solidworks skills are highly desirable.