The ALstep is a compact sized and low cost label applicator for self-adhesive labels, which can be easily integrated into existing packaging lines with a label application tolerance of better than +/- 1mm.
Compact Workhorse Label Applicator
ALstep is based on a robust, reliable mechanical structure which can be orientated in any rotation. It can be fitted into particularly restricted areas and thanks to side access web threading, allows a fast, easy label change over.
ALstep comes in two size versions - S or M - for label widths up to 100mm and 200 mm respectively. Its maximum label dispensing speed is as high as 30m/min. (20m/min in the M version).This is made possible thanks to a powerful stepper motor and accurate label web tension control.
Designed in a modular manor, ALstep includes a comprehensive selection of application options to solve even the most complex label application requirements.
A few of our standard label application solutions include:
- Fixed peeler with adapting sponge roller
- Spring loaded peeler with multi-disk roller
- Pneumatically driven peeler with sponge roller or multi-disk roller
- L - shaped pendulous peeler
- Air blow - with / without piston
On the very rare occasion where a standard application solution does not exist, we have the experience and expertise to design custom label application solutions or machine configurations.
ALstep label applicators can hold label reels up to 300mm diameter (approx. 450m) on a variety of industry core sizes for extended operation.
The unwind and rewind holding disks are manufactured from highly resilient aluminium making them virtually unbreakable whilst the separate LCD control box includes an internal cooling fan which allows operation in even the harshest industrial environments.
ALstep in Detail
This controller enables the operator to enter all labelling parameters electronically via an intuitive six digit LCD display - removing the need to manually move label or product sensors as per lesser machines.
- Pre-dispensing adjustment (to align variable label length to the end of the peeler bar)
- Adjustment of label dispensing speed in 0.1meter increments
- Labelling delay adjustment in 0.1mm increments (999mm max delay)
- Automatic recovery for missing labels on the web
- Labels applied counter
- End-of-roll alarm and web break alarm
- Output connection to other systems (e.g. to stop the packaging line in case of error)
Additionally, ALstep can be equipped with an array of ancillary devices to solve specific labelling problems, such as:
- Hot foil printing unit* (for fixed batch or date coding)
- Checking device for near end of reel with alarm beacon*
- Speed matching via encoder*
- Label sensor for transparent material*
- In-line thermal print engine*
- Integrated conveyor systems
*options can be retrofitted with no major mechanical modifications after the machine has been installed.
ALstep is also available in E (Economical) form for label widths up to 100 mm leading edge, at a maximum application speed of 15m/min. It is ideal for simple low speed applications where cost reduction is crucial.
The ALstep E features a reduced size stepper motor and the simplified control box, allowing adjustment of the main labelling parameters (speed and pre-dispensing) and can provide an alarm signal in case of web break and end of roll.
The unit is commonly used for simple end of line case labelling applications either on the side or top of an outer carton. integrated with an end of line automated case sealer, often without the need for a separate outfeed conveyor.
- Compact, low cost ‘work horse’ label applicator
- Economy ‘E’ series (15m/min max), & performing ‘S’series (30m/min max)
- 100mm/200mm max label width variants (100mm E)
- Modular design with comprehensive array of application systems for almost any application
- Possibility to add in-line TT print engine (ALstep T) even once the machine has been installed
|Label Width||Max: 100mm / 200mm|
|Control||LCD display with 6 function buttons|
|Standard Alarms||End of roll / Web break|
|Pieces Labelled Counter||Standard|
|Unwind Unit Diameter||300 mm max OD (44/76mm core)|
|Hot foil/ Intermittent TT Printing (e.g. Markem)||Optional|
|Full inline TT/DT printer (e.g. Sato/Zebra)||Optional|
|Max Line Speed||15mt/min (E) 30mt/min (S) 20mt/min (M)|
|Label Positioning||Electronic (mm)|
|Missing Labels Recovery||Standard|
|Transparent Label Sensor||Optional|
|Near End of Reel Check||Optional|
|Power Consumption||400 W|
|Power Supply||240 V - 50 Hz|
More Videos of the ALstep Range
- ALfeed Corrugate Carton Feed & Labelling System
- ALstep S on ALfeed Stack Feeder
- ALstep M 200mm on ALbelt C
- ALstep Sheet Labelling Demo
- ALstep M Case Labelling
- ALstep S with Multi Disk Spring Loaded Peeler
- ALstep M 200mm on ALbelt E
- ALstep Extended Arm VFFS Labelling System